Friday 5 September 2014

Sailing By Dover - complete

I worked into the chalk cliff of the sailing piece with a white colour pencil. The added benefit is that it gives a bit of a chalky feel and look, which helps immensely with the over all scene.

And then sandwiched and quilted. I have been using felt as a wadding for these pieces. A good way to use up the scraps of felt I have hanging about.

I am quite pleased with the result! To be honest, it isn't totally sporty, but it works for an iconic Around Britain scene.

(Somehow these show up as electric blue when I upload them, even though they look the same as yesterday's in my photo programme. So, if it shows electric blue, please refer to yesterday's post for the proper colour! I am still having to use Chrome for adding photos to my blog.)

No comments: