Thursday 23 October 2014

and more blouses

These three sleeveless blouses are made up the same. When I was making them, I mentioned that they will replace 3 Ready-to-Wear blouses that have been favourites and have become a bit worn and faded. I found the spotted fabric last September at Remnant House in Harrogate.
The spots are interesting as they are actually thinner than the surrounding material...like they have been etched with some solution.

I did consider cap sleeves, but when I bought the fabric I was thinking of a sleeveless blouse. Perhaps if the fabric was wider there might have been enough.
I think if I make more sleeveless blouses, I will adjust the front armscye a bit for more bra coverage security. Not too bad really, but I will probably wear a black bra with these instead of white which tends to draw more attention if it is showing.



1 comment:

Gabrielle Stanley said...

That light blue/turquoise is really a great colour on you.