Saturday 18 October 2014

October Journal quilt finished

And it is still October!
This is a continuation of the Around Britain theme of pieces which will eventually go to my son.


Brick Tudor - Developed from a photo I took of one of the buildings in the Windsor Castle environs.

As mentioned the other day, there was a bit of careful cutting and fusing. The windows were drawn on the brick coloured fabric using a grey Triplus Fineliner and a white Gelly Roll pen by Sakura.

The brick sets were machine stitched using an olive thread. I didn't stitch the actual bricks in the sets as I thought it would make it too busy. I did mark the set lines first with pencil to keep the angle right. I appreciated the work done by the builders to use the brick sets en point. It makes a fascinating contrast to the half-timbering.

No comments: