Saturday 28 February 2015

Sunny House

I took my Ramshackle ideas to the Offcuts sewing meeting. There were a lot of people there so a lot of running around to get enough tables for everyone. Well, there were enough, but we had curtain making, quilt tacking and two lots of cutting out garments going on!

But I did finally get a start.

The donation for the conference auction is to be 6x8in. But it will be matted with an aperture of 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 in. So I tried to centre the house.

I am going with a Sunny day mood with this one. I have done the cutting and fusing. It needs a bit of fiddling with some of the line, but next is layering and quilting.

These type of pieces work well for finding out if other prints and colours work. The spots are a bit large for my taste. But how would you know unless you had a go? I will see what it will look like matted before I declare my feelings one way or another. But as I have found with these houses, some people really like them! (To me, A mystery!!)

No comments: